Download our app

Click on the App Store or Google Play logos below to download the College app.

app store

google play

Useful links

Digital Marketer Level 3 Apprenticeship

Brochures of training and apprenticeships that may interest you

engineering training and apprenticeships

science pharmacy and dental apprenticeships

Our Apprenticeship Heroes

our apprenticeship heroes

Apprenticeships

An Apprenticeship is an excellent way of getting started in your chosen career. You will have a paid job whilst also working towards an Apprenticeship in your industry area.

In person

Register for events during National Apprenticeship Week 2023

Online

Apprenticeship vacancies

Phone

01284 716 235

Email

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

National Apprenticeship Week 2023

National Apprenticeship Week (6 to 12 February 2023) casts a spotlight on the positive impact that apprenticeships make to individuals, businesses and the wider economy. West Suffolk College is proud to be hosting a series of events across National Apprenticeship Week to celebrate.

With over 1,700 apprentices already enrolled across 65 different apprenticeship programmes, we are experts in our field. Whether you are looking to take on an apprentice in your business, or begin an apprenticeship programme yourself, you are in the right place.

Register for an event

Live Apprenticeship Q&A

Tue 7 Feb and Thu 9 Feb at 1pm

Follow us on Facebook or Instagram to ask questions on the live question and answer videos or come back here to watch live. 

Find out about our Apprenticeships

Business and Accounting | Construction and Building Services | Engineering | Childcare and Education | Hairdressing and Barbering | Healthcare | Hospitality and Catering | IT | Management | Motor Vehicle | Science | Teaching & Learning

Experiences from apprentices

Apprenticeships are available for anyone aged 16 and over (there is no age limit.) They are predominantly work-based, meaning you spend 80% of your time gaining valuable work skills and experience from your employer. With the other 20% centred around training and study time for your Apprenticeship. Depending on the Apprenticeship and the level studied, they can take between 1 and 5 years to complete.


Find out more about why our current Apprentices chose this route:

Apprenticeship facts

✔️ We are currently training over 1500 apprentices
✔️ We are currently supporting over 850 employers
✔️ We offer over 65 Apprenticeship programmes
✔️ The average salary for apprentices paid by the employers we support is £189.96 per week, meaning our vacancies are paying £53.46 per week on average more than the National Minimum Wage for Apprenticeships