The Progression to Higher Education and Schools Engagement team have created some helpful online resources for your Year 12 and 13 students, to support research into their Post-18 decisions.
The following resources can be used in lesson planning, to support in meeting your Gatsby Benchmark 7, or you can sign-post them to you students, so they can start researching University Studies at West Suffolk College; our subjects, course highlights, facilities and more.
- Higher Education Next Steps Evening - recording of event on 13 October, alongside content and resources
- Post-18 Progression Pathways
- Introduction to University Studies at West Suffolk College
- Exploring HE at University Studies at West Suffolk Collegeour recorded schools presentation
- Post-18 Jargon Explaineda glossary of terminology
- Post Application Support FAQs - frequently asked questions, answered by Take Your Place
- Opportunities on your doorstep Labour Market Information Sheet
- Useful University Studies at West Suffolk College Informationsupport services, transport, careers advice and more
- Applying to University with the new 2022 UCAS cycle
- Student Finance Information
- Higher Education Information webpage for parents and carers to support their young person
- What Next? Progression Planning - key dates and events and how to make applications
Higher Education Next Steps Evening
On 13 October 2021 we held a Next Step Information Evening for Parents specifically aimed at Level 3 Year 2 with a focus on options and support available for you and your young person as they prepare to leave College. Please find below the recorded Session as well as presentations and helpful links and websites shared on the night. Your feedback is very important to us so for those of you that attended the live event or the recorded session please complete this short feedback form.