The Progression to Higher Education and Schools Engagement team have created some helpful online resources for your Year 12 and 13 students, so support research in their Post-18 decisions.
The following resources can be used in lesson planning, to support in meeting your Gatsby Benchmark 7, or you can sign-post them to you students, so they can start researching University Studies at West Suffolk College; our subjects, course highlights, facilities and more.
- Higher Education Next Steps Eveningrecording of event on 13 October 2021, alongside content and resources
- Post-18 Progression Pathways
- Post-18 Jargon Explained a glossary of terminology
- Exploring HE at University Studies at West Suffolk College our schools talk from 2021-22. This talk is currently being updated
- Useful University Studies at West Suffolk College Information support services, transport, careers advice and more
- Applying to UCAS 2023video
- Student Finance video
- Higher Education Information webpage for parents and carers to support their young person
- What Next? Progression Planning key dates and events and how to make applications
Higher Education Next Steps Evening
On 13 October 2021 we held a Next Step Information Evening for Parents specifically aimed at Level 3 Year 2 with a focus on options and support available for you and your young person as they prepare to leave College. Please find below the recorded Session as well as presentations and helpful links and websites shared on the night. Your feedback is very important to us so for those of you that attended the live event or the recorded session please complete this short feedback form.
Local Offer: University Studies at West Suffolk College
Visit the University Studies website to browse degrees, HNDs and HNCs, as well as our Access to Higher Education courses too.
Preparing for University
Taking Opportunities for Employment
Supporting young people in applying to university