No formal entry requirements are necessary. Students will be invited to attend two pre-programme engagement days to assess individual needs and establish suitability for this pathway.
This pathway is designed for young people who require a transition programme with a personalised approach to developing the skills they need to overcome current barriers to Further Education and/ or gaining employment.
Pathway to Achieve programmes focus on enabling students to manage and channel their emotions and behaviour positively and equip themselves with the skills, confidence and self-awareness needed to progress onto paid work, a Traineeship, an Apprenticeship or Further Education.
Students on Pathway to Achieve programmes will explore, develop and apply the skills needed to:
- Become more confident in a variety of learning, life and work situations.
- Make well-informed decisions towards positive future goals.
- Work towards shared goals and outcomes as part of a team.
- Take on new challenges, overcome problems and make positive choices.
- Actively participate in meaningful, community and social enterprise projects.
Students will continue to develop their English and Maths skills by studying for either Functional Skills qualifications or GCSE’s as appropriate.