Whatever your level, we have courses from beginner to more advanced to help you join the internet revolution.
Improve your computer skills
Improving your computer skills can help you keep in touch with friends and family, improve at work or help with further learning. We offer a range of courses, from two-hour How To sessions to part-time courses leading to accredited qualifications. For all levels of ability from beginner to advanced, we will have the right course to boost your skills.
Computer Skills, ICT, Digital Skills
There are many different names, but they all mean the same thing. Developing your skills will help you to access a range of resources and services:
GP appointments | Online banking and shopping | Progress your learning with online courses and resources | Get to grips with different devices | Save you time accessing information and solving problems | Social activities and communication.
Selecting the right course
We offer plenty of help and advice to help you find a computer course that suits you. Simply Register your Interest and we will contact you for a chat. Alternatively have a look at the courses we offer below, and see what interests you.
Individual two-hour workshops:
- Get connected! Introduction to using the internet
- Get communicating! Send and receive emails
- Get seen! Use social media, Facebook, and Zoom
- Head start with Microsoft Word
- Head start with Microsoft Excel
- Head start with Microsoft PowerPoint
Weekly courses with two sessions of two hours per week for four weeks (with no exams).
- Computer Skills for Beginners - The Basics and Getting Online
- Computer Skills for Beginners - Getting Creative with your Computer
- Computer Skills for Beginners - Finding Work in a Digital World
Part Time Qualification Courses
There are also part-time qualification courses to choose from:
- NEW Essential Digital Skills - Introducing and developing life and work skills (15 weeks)
- Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 - Qualifications for home and work life (16 weeks)
- Principles for Digital Skills in Employment Certificate - TQUK Level 2 Online (12 weeks - self-guided)