Check out our latest events!

Getting to the College

West Suffolk College is easy to find. The main campus is near the centre of Bury St Edmunds, a short walk from local bus and rail stations, and only minutes from the A14. Other sites are close to the centre of their respective towns

train travelling fast bw 700px


The main campus is a ten minute walk from the centre of Bury St Edmunds, on the road leading to Risby/Newmarket.

The Milburn Campus is a few minutes further but easily within walking distance from the town.


There are covered bike shelters at both the main campus and The Milburn Campus. 

We encourage all our students and staff to lead a healthy and active lifestyle and where possible, to cycle to College. We have a number of places around the College where you can keep your bicycle secure. Suffolk County Council offers information on cycle routes within Suffolk and you can also plan the safest journey on For details on how to download the CycleStreets app, visit


Buses from all over Suffolk stop outside the College, or it’s a ten minute walk from the bus station in the town. We also run buses from Soham, and Newmarket currently and has a proposed new route including Eye and Debenham for September 2018. For information on these routes click here.

Useful links


Bury St Edmunds rail station is a fifteen minute walk from the College. Trains to and from Cambridge and Ipswich call at Bury St Edmunds – most stop at intermediate stations.


There is limited parking on campus and spaces fill up quickly. Parking costs £2 per visit but if purchased in advanced at the College Shop it is reduced to £1.50. Parking at the Milburn Campus is limited but free due to a lack of alternative parking nearby.

Travel Assistance (16-19)

Suffolk County Council offers assistance with travel through Suffolk On Board's Transport for 16-19 year olds page (, where you can check if your child is eligible for bus passes or discounted transport. To speak to an advisor, call 0345 606 6173.

Please click the links for details on how to apply for travel assistance from the following county councils: