Working for West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is one of the top colleges in the country and this is testament to our amazing students, fantastic courses, wraparound support and of course our exceptional staff.
We are on a mission to be the leaders of education in the East of England whilst putting the students and their success at the heart of everything we do.
If you have the talent, motivation and ambition to help us achieve this we would love to hear from you.
We are a further education college with our main campus located in the heart of Bury St Edmunds, a historic town in the middle of Suffolk, England, just half an hour from Cambridge and one hour from London. The college is made up of outstanding creative, enthusiastic and committed staff members who are experts in their own specialisms and curriculum areas. We teach students from age 16 upwards and we work with over 1,600 businesses. We pride ourselves as being an essential driving force behind the success of our much loved county.
We have eight college character strengths that underpin all we do and we make it a priority to give our students the strength of character in order to shine above the rest when faced with employers or universities.
Not only do they apply to our students but also to our staff members and the reasons why West Suffolk College is such a fantastic place to work. Take a look below:
- Resilience – We are strong as an organisation and all teams work together to achieve. If and when we are faced with challenges we respond efficiently and effectively at all times.
- Optimism – We use education as a catalyst for positive social change and prosperity for the community we serve, leaving no-one behind. We want to inspire our students.
- Curiosity – We are a curious organisation, always trying to seek out new opportunities and ways in which we can break boundaries in the world of education.
- Confidence – We are confident. We believe in all that we do and we appreciate the abilities and qualities of every single staff member. We celebrate our successes and we remain sure that we will continue to lead as a provider of education.
- Ownership – We take responsibility for every single student and every single staff member ensuring our main goal is that everyone at the college is happy and achieving to their full potential. Our amazing wraparound support demonstrates this perfectly.
- Self-Control – We are disciplined as individuals and always put the needs of our students first.
- Ambition – We are an ambitious organisation. We are constantly evolving as demonstrated with the new STEM Innovation Campus and the Abbeygate Sixth Form building to be opening by September 2020.
- Respect – We respect our staff and students alike and we put the success of our students at the heart of all that we do, preparing them for their future.
Please do familiarise yourself more with our character strengths and our mission statement; it will certainly help you as a potential applicant to understand our expectations of a West Suffolk College colleague.
To keep up to date with all things West Suffolk College, browse the latest news and view our e-magazines.
Listen to some of our staff and students telling us why they love their College: