Work for the College
West Suffolk College is on a mission to be the driving centre of education and training in the region, and its greatest supporter of business and the economy. We want to hear from you if you have the talent, motivation and commitment to help us achieve that aim.
West Suffolk College is a further education college with its main campus located in Bury St Edmunds, a lively and historic town in the middle of Suffolk, England, just half an hour from Cambridge and an hour from London.
The College is made up of exceptionally creative, enthusiastic, and energetic people who know their subjects and specialisms well. We teach students from 16 upwards and work with 1,600 businesses. We pride ourselves as being one of the driving forces behind the success of our county.
Working in education is rewarding in itself, but as part of the package we also provide a competitive salary, contributory pension and a variety of other benefits:
- Generous holiday - 52 days for lecturers, 35 for academic managers, 30 for other managers and 24 for all other staff. And that’s not including bank holidays!
- Amazing pension – seriously, your friends and family will be jealous! Find out more: Teachers’ Pension Scheme / Local Government Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers – save up to £933 a year with childcare vouchers from Busy Bees Benefits.
- Free courses – sign up for a free Leisure Learning course of your choice every year
- Hair and beauty treatments - 20 per cent off at our on-site salon.
- Free car parking
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff Association – Christmas and Summer parties and monthly cash prize draws
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay – after 1 year of service
- Occupational Maternity Pay – for mums to be after 1 year of service
- Discounted Gym membership with Abbeycroft Leisure
- Discounts at restaurants, shops and businesses around town
How to apply for one of our listed jobs
- Browse our current vacancies
- Complete the application form
Suffolk and Norfolk SCITT (School Centred initial teaching training)
West Suffolk College is working in collaboration with Suffolk and Norfolk SCITT (School Centred initial teaching training) to train and develop future teachers/lecturers in Chemistry, Physics and Computing. Suffolk and Norfolk SCITT is a high-quality teacher-training provider who offer a range of school-based routes into teaching. Suffolk and Norfolk SCITT is the largest provider in the country based on the number of trainees on the school based teacher training routes.