Download our app
Click on the App Store or Google Play logos below to download the College app.
Check out our latest events!
Across our Learning Centres we can offer a wide range of leisure workshops and courses that give you the opportunity to learn new skills, start a new hobby or simply enjoy some ‘me’ time.
Book Now for leisure learning courses at your local centre
Simply click on the location to view a list of courses coming up at your local West Suffolk College centre.
Whether you are interested in learning a new language, have thought about taking up cake decorating or floristry, or simply want to improve on your photography skills then take a look at the list of courses we have in development and register your interest by clicking below.
View the list of courses
- Adobe Photoshop for Complete Beginners
- An Introduction to Leadership and Management
- Arts and Crafts (Glass Painting) Workshop
- Build your own website in a day
- Computers for Beginners
- Creative Writing
- Dressmaking – Are you the next Sewing Bee?
- Film Making
- Festive flower arranging
- Floristry Techniques Workshop
- Floristry for Weddings
- French for Beginners
- Get Psyched - Psychology Workshop
- Getting to Grips with your iPad
- German for Beginners
- Indian Head massage for beginners
- Interior Design for Beginners
- Introduction to Counselling
- Introduction to Microsoft Office
- Italian for Beginners
- Make your own Christmas wreath
- Microsoft Excel Beginners
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Mosaic Workshop
- Painting with Watercolours
- Parent and Child Flower Craft Workshop
- Photography - Digital Photography for beginners
- Photography - Get to know your Camera Workshop
- Photography – How to take the best photos
- Photography - Out and about with your SLR camera
- Save a Life with basic First Aid Skills
- Sign Language
- Silver Jewellery Making
- Spanish for Beginners
- Starting a Small Business - If I can, you can
- Upcycled Glass Projects
To be first in line for additional information, course details and start dates please register your interest.
How do I become a Leisure Learning tutor?
Do you have a passion that you are keen to share with others?
If your answer is yes and you would like to find out more information on becoming a leisure learning tutor with West Suffolk College and the benefits of being a member of the team, fill in your details here and a member of the adult education team will be in touch.
How do I enrol on a Leisure Learning course?
Click on your location and then select your chosen subject area to book.
Enrol by phone
Please call the West Suffolk College centre where you would like to join a course. Contact details can be found by clicking on the location of each centre above.
Please drop into any of our locations, where you can discuss your requirements with our knowledgeable and friendly staff, there is no need to book an appointment.
Class size and refunds
Popular courses fill up quickly, so book early to avoid being disappointed.
Course closure is unfortunately sometimes necessary due to lack of student enrolments or unforeseen circumstance. If courses must be cancelled students will be informed as soon as possible.
Should a learner wish to cancel from a course, each request will be treated independently and refunds will be given at the discretion of the centre managers.
In the event that a workshop or course requires cancellation we shall endeavour to reschedule to a later date. Refunds will be paid in full when a class is closed at the discretion of the College.
In the event of severe weather, the College will make a decision to determine if it is safe for our learners to attend. If any of our courses are cancelled, we would advise you to go to our website or Twitter feed for further information. Alternatively, listen to BBC Radio Suffolk (104.6FM) or call the location where your course was due to take place.