Programme Lead – Employer Engagement
West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds
Permanent, 37 hours per week
Salary: £28,900.14 - £31,433.22 per annum, depending on experience
Are you a Plumbing or Electrical Installation Professional who is looking for a new challenge?
West Suffolk College are looking for a passionate Programme Leader specialising in Plumbing and Electrical Installation to inspire a group of apprenticeship students and team of programme tutors alike to learn, grow and deliver high-quality apprenticeship programmes within the built environment faculty based at our state-of-the-art Milburn centre.
The successful applicant will be the driving force that supports the learning and achievement of our students studying Plumbing and Electrical apprenticeships.
- Leading a team of 7 work-based programme tutors.
- Responsible for the delivery of apprenticeships in an effective and timely manner for electrical and plumbing apprentices with the support of programme tutors.
- Conduct 1-2-1 reviews with programme tutors as and when required.
- Support the Area Head in monitoring Learner’s progress, RAG rating and work with internal partners to ensure appropriate action is taken if required.
- Lead the co-ordination of the internal quality assurance process for the subject area including audit activities and record keeping.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in Plumbing or Electrical or equivalent
- Experience of delivering apprenticeships
- Relevant industry experience
- Assessors Award, A1 or equivalent
Closing Date: 2nd February 2020
Interview Date: 5th February 2020
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-term