Student Liaison Officer – West Suffolk College –Bury St Edmunds –40 hours per week for 38 weeks of the year, Permanent –
Pro-Rata Term Time Only Salary from £15,148.65 - £16,174.06
Want to make a real difference to our students here at WSC?
Our dedicated Welfare Department need an inspirational individual who can communicate with young people and the public, most especially when they may be at a vulnerable point in their lives.
The right candidate will therefore possess effective negotiation and de-escalation skills, with the aim of forming positive relationships.
To fulfil the officer’s supportive purpose, you should be able to demonstrate a considerable understanding of the current challenges faced by young people.
- You will be required to maintain a visible presence on at campus at key times of the day
- De-escalate confrontational behaviour
- Liaise with key external agencies on a professional basis
- Have due diligence in reporting concerning conduct, in line with safeguarding and code of conduct policies for both staff and students
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Enthusiastic and committed to working with young people is essential
- A Level 3 Qualification in Youth Support work is desirable
- Negotiation and de-escalation skills
- Conflict resolution
- Knowledge and understanding of further education would be advantageous
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 18th August 2019
Interview Date: 27th August 2019 (Afternoon Appointments Only)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms