Programme Tutor – Pharmacy
West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds
Permanent – flexible part time hours and working pattern up to 30 hours per week
SALARY: £26,303.43 – £28,048.71 FTE depending on experience, salary will be pro rata'd depending on number of hours per week.
Are you a qualified Pharmacy Technician, preferably with Aseptic experience looking for a new challenge?
West Suffolk College is looking for a dynamic and passionate Programme Tutor – Pharmacy to join the team.
You will be responsible for the delivery of Apprenticeship programmes that includes all aspects of teaching, training, pastoral and assessment elements of Learner's Individual Learning Plan (ILP). Meeting the Professional Standards as endorsed by the Education and Training Foundation and deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment for all Learners. Deliver and coordinating and all aspects of an Apprenticeship including Skills for Success, Functional Skills, gateway and EPA preparation for Learner & Employer. Recording progress of all Learners and action planning any who are behind target taking all necessary steps to meet the programme area’s achievement profile
The successful candidate must have a flexible approach to their work, ensuring they meet the changing needs of the candidate and the business. This role requires also you to be able to travel throughout the East Anglia Region.
- Delivering learning programmes for an agreed caseload of between 45-60 Apprentices and delivering on other learner types.
- Maintain a consistently high standard of practice during teaching and learning observations and learning walks related to the job role. Ensure internal and external quality assurance standards are fully met at all times e.g. Ofsted & Awarding Organisations.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with employers and their staff, acting as their key account manager for the employer, providing excellent customer service with each interaction and attain high-level satisfaction within customer service feedback survey.
- Actively promote the College’s and Employer Engagement whole service offer to employers, whilst maintaining own caseload seeking out additional income and business opportunities. Act as a conduit between employers and the College ensuring that all business leads are referred to the appropriate Business Development team member, CRM contact details are up-to-date, and the College is kept informed of business requirements.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- L3 Pharmacy Service Skills.
- L3 Pharmaceutical Science.
- Registered with GPhC.
- Current practice working within Pharmacy environment within hospital environment
- Working within Aseptic/manufacturing environment (min 6 months).
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 30th October 2019
Interview Date: TBC
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms