It’s important for businesses to have a range of paths to higher skills. Accompanying further and higher education there is a key role for relevant, quality, and accessible technical and professional training.
As a prominent learning partner to business in the region, West Suffolk College provides many tailored and established professional short courses, either individually or to groups of employees, at the College or on site.
In addition to training at your request, we offer open training opportunities throughout the year. You can enrol any number of staff to scheduled courses.
The core training we offer encompasses a wide range industries and roles found in the region:
- Business Skills, such as Customer Service, Purchasing, HR, IT and Accountancy
- Leadership and Management, Fully accredited ILM Centre delivering from Level 2 to 7
- Legislative Courses, such as First Aid, Food Hygiene and Health and Safety
- Electrical, PAT Testing, Wiring Regs, Inspection & Testing, Basic Electric Updates
- Teacher Training/Assessing, Wide range available including coaching and mentoring
- Health & Care, Care Certificate, Safeguarding, Infection Control
- Driver Training, Driver CPC update training
- Engineering, PEO units, welding, CAD training
If you are looking for help with a short course outside the core range above, we would be happy to discuss developing a programme that fits precisely with your needs.
Professional Training Courses
- Access to Education
- Beauty Therapy
- Bookkeeping & Accounting
Building & Construction
- City and Guilds 2377 Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- City and Guilds 2382-28 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations - 7 hour Online training
- Asbestos Awareness (bespoke training only)
- City and Guilds 2382-18 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
- City and Guilds 2391-52 Combined Inspection and Testing
- Fire Safety Awareness (bespoke training only)
- Face Fit Testing (bespoke training only)
Business, Finance & Management
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Presentation Skills
- ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Introduction to Supervisory Skills - 2 day course
- Handling Difficult Conversations
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid (1 day - bespoke training only)
- ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management
- ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice Level 4 - Workplace Learning
- Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Dealing With Difficult people
- ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management
- Managing Conflict
- Time Management
- Customer Service Excellence
- Telephone confidence workshop
- Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare Level 5 - Workplace Learning
- Residential Childcare Level 3 - Workplace Learning
- Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 3 - Workplace Learning
- Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) Level 3 - Workplace Learning
- Early Years Advanced Practitioner Level 4 - Workplace Learning
- Digital Technologies
Health & Social Care
- Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 - Workplace Learning
- Pharmacy Service Skills Level 2 Units Only - Workplace Learning
- Dental Nursing Level 3 - Workplace Learning
- Adult Care Worker Level 2 - Workplace Learning
- Adult Care Level 4 - Workplace Learning
- Care Certificate
- First Aid at Work
- Paediatric First Aid (2 days - bespoke training only)
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Leadership for Health and Social Care and CYP Services (Adult Management) Level 5 - Workplace Learning
- Manual Handling (1/2 day bespoke training only)
- Hospitality & Catering
- Plumbing & Electrical
- Supported Learning
- Taxi & Private Hire Training
- Introduction to Trainer Skills C&G 7300
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice Level 4 - Workplace Learning
- Assessing Competence in the Work Environment - Level 3
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
Feedback from employers
What made you choose West Suffolk College to help you with your training requirements?
West Suffolk College always provide fair quotes, a patient and flexible service. Every staff member who has attended a West Suffolk College course has always returned with positive feedback and eagerness to return.
How do the courses help in the running of your business?
Our staff all have different personal targets and objectives. West Suffolk College are always very flexible in adapting to our unique requirements and this allows us to focus on what the business really needs.
Would you recommend the courses and West Suffolk College to other organisations?
Absolutely! West Suffolk College is now our first point of contact for all of our training needs.
For more information
Contact West Suffolk College