Our teaching staff will be welcomed as members of the Society for Education and Training (SET) thanks to a new Corporate Partnership. The partnership began this month (October 2019), marking an exciting collaboration for us, offering a valuable range of professional development opportunities for our staff. The Society for Education and Training is the only professional membership body dedicated to teachers and trainers working in further education.
Announcing the partnership, Dr Nikos Savvas said: “Investing in our people and their continued professional learning is vital, as it ensures that all of our 14,000 students receive the very best teaching and learning. That is why I am very pleased that we have become a Corporate Partner of the Society for Education and Training (SET). The partnership allows our staff to access inspiring teaching and training tools, research and expert views.”
Martin Reid, Director of SET, said: “We are delighted to welcome West Suffolk College as a Corporate Partner of the Society for Education and Training. This partnership is a positive step that signals a college’s commitment to high-quality development for its staff and teaching for its students. It will provide teaching staff with access to a host of CPD opportunities, expertise and resources, and help them strive for excellence in their professional journey. We look forward to working with them.”
As SET members, teaching staff will:
- have the opportunity to study for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) and Advanced Teacher Status (ATS). SET is the only passport to achieving both QTLS and ATS. Those who attain ATS are now conferred Chartered Teacher status by the Chartered College of Teaching.
- gain access to resources, training and teaching tools, research and expert views in further education
- enjoy benefits, such as the Society for Education and Training’s online research library
- be part of a professional community of 20,000 teachers and trainers in the education sector, with opportunities to share expertise and experience with their peers
- receive copies of InTuition, the most widely-read journal for practitioners working across further education, vocational teaching and training.