The doors opened to the ‘End of Year Art & Design Show 2018’ at 6pm on 18th May. 1300 visitors came that night – it was mayhem!.. but truly fantastic! There has been a strong flow of visitors each day since. It is an enormous success. We are delighted that so many were able to come and celebrate the achievements of all our 370 students. Well done to them. The show is also a recognition of all the valuable support from families and friends. Thank you to the dedication and drive of all the staff who have worked with the students all year – it has been a wonderful time for us all. The university and employment success is a significant strength of the Art & Design courses. We wish all our students the very best of good fortunes next year in higher courses/years, employment and at universities across the UK. The creative education at West Suffolk College is ranked as 4th best in the UK out of 203 FE colleges. This is outstanding.
The work on display is the culmination of this years’ learning across all courses developed as ‘Final Major Projects’.
The courses on display:
- Level 1 Diploma in Art & Design
- Level 2 Diploma in Art & Design
- Level 2 Diploma in Digital Arts
- Level 3 Diploma in Art & Design (General) yr1
- Level 3 Diploma in Graphic Design yr1
- Level 3 Diploma in Interactive Media & Model Making yr1
- Level 3 Diploma in Photography yr1
- Level 3 Diploma in Fashion & Textiles yr1
- Level 3 Diploma in Fashion Media & Promotion yr1
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design (General) yr2
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Graphic Design yr2
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Interactive Media & Model Making yr2
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Photography yr2
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Fashion & Textiles yr2
- Level 3 / 4 Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
It has been a fantastic year for The School of Art & Design.