Download our app
Click on the App Store or Google Play logos below to download the College app.
Check out our latest events!
FAQ - Online Level 2 Courses
Level 2 Courses 19+
We have received several enquiries about the Level 2 Courses and we would like to answer your questions as follows:
- Requirements – Students must be 19+ at time of application and lived in the EU for the last three years. It doesn’t matter if you’re working or not as these courses are fully funded by the Government with no cost to the student unless they fail to complete, then there is an admin charge of £125 to cover the student's registration fees. No formal entry qualifications are required.
- Enrolment Process – Please apply online to your nearest centre, Bury, Haverhill, Sudbury or Thetford. Once we’ve received your application, you’ll then be sent further enrolment forms to complete and return. These include an Online Application Form, BSKB Maths and English screeners and a Student Declaration. When your documents have been checked, you’ll be invited to a short online Zoom meeting to check your ID and go over any questions you may have about the course. You’ll also be shown how to access your learning portal and given your login details.
- Duration - The course takes up to 12 weeks to complete and the start date is the date you attend your Induction. These are self-study courses allowing students to study at home, at their own pace during this time period. It’s estimated that courses take between 110 – 180 hours of study to complete, over 12 weeks. Students often finish before this time depending on work/family commitments.
- Costs – The course is FREE to study, however we charge £125 for courses not completed this covers our registration fees and associated costs.
- Support – A designated tutor will be available during your period of study and their contact details will be given to you at your induction.
- Final Qualification – Upon completion of your course, you’ll receive a recognised Level 2 NCF/CACHE or TQUK qualification. These will be posted to your home address; therefore, you must ensure you keep us updated if you move, as duplicate certificates incur a charge.
- Further Courses – Upon successful completion of your course you are permitted to take two further courses per academic year. You can take these one after the other or one per term. If you want to take further courses, please email your admin contact at the college and apply online for your chosen course.
We hope the above answers any questions you may have about the courses. If you have any further questions, please contact your nearest centre details below: