Employer: Holbrook & Shotley Practice
Starting salary: £135 per week
Working week: A variety of shift patterns.
Apprenticeship: Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant
Reference number: VAC001567003
You will be working alongside an experienced and dedicated team of dispensers who provide a fantastic service to our patients. Initially you will work as a Counter Assistant to learn the basics but will work towards a Level 2 dispensing qualification. The combination of Counter Assistant duties and your Dispensing Qualification will ensure you are confident and competent in a future career as a Dispenser.
The responsibilities are varied and include:
- Taking in prescriptions and handing out of medication
- Receiving, storing and maintaining reasonable levels of stock
- Assisting in the preparation and assembly of medicinal products
- Processing prescription requests
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Assembling prescriptions safely and legally
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public and a wide range of staff groups
- Ensuring Law, regulation and health and safety requirements are met
We operate over 2 sites (S&H) so each apprentice will work 30 hours per week with two shifts at each site. Thursday will be worked together and reserved for ‘off the job’ learning and study days. We have tried to offer a range of hours to represent the reality of working at the Surgery.
Shifts are as follows:
Apprentice 1 Apprentice 2
M: 10am – 4.30pm ½ hour lunch (S) M: 9am-4.30pm ½ hour lunch (H)
T: 1pm-7pm (H) T: 8am-2.30pm ½ hour lunch (S)
W: 8am-2.30pm ½ hour lunch (S) W: 1pm-7pm (H)
T: 10am-4.30pm ½ hour lunch (H) T: 10am-4.30pm ½ hour lunch (H)
F: 9am-3.30pm ½ hour lunch (H) F: 8am-1pm (S)
- A good standard of general education is essential, particularly in maths, English and IT
We consider the following essential qualities:
- Accurate/attentive to detail
- Smart, polite, organised
- Able to work well within a team
- Able to listen to and take instruction
- GCSEs grade C/4 or above in maths and English, or equivalent qualifications.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2019