Employer: Mot Services
Starting salary: £220 per week
Working week: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00. One Saturday required per 4th week on a rota.
Apprenticeship: Level 3 Light Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship Standard
Reference number: VAC001552251
As a motor vehicle technician you will be assisting with the majority of tasks within the workshop. You will be answering directly to the business owner and learning whilst shadowing the current team members. Full training will be provided for use of all of the workshop equipment and facilities, including a tyre fitting machine through to electronic diagnostic equipment. The role will also include undertaking cleaning duties of workshop.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Service maintenance and general repair of light vehicles
- Communicating with customers
- Maintaining Health and Safety standards
- Shadowing experienced members of staff
- Liaising with team members
- Building a portfolio of work from intermediate repair to complex repair
- Aptitude for mechanical items
- Strong practical and problem-solving skills
- Team player
You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work.
GCSEs Grade A-D (9-3) in Maths and English.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2019