About the course
Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training
This is a one-year qualification aiming to focus on the role and scope of a Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer. At the end of the programme, you will be able to work as gym instructor and you will have an understanding of what it is like to be a personal trainer.
Throughout the programme you be able to demonstrate the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work as a Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer
You will also develop skills and knowledge in a range of areas relevant to their role, such as:
· The principles of working in the gym environment, including customer service and how to maintain health, safety and welfare
· Anatomy and physiology
· How to conduct consultations and promote the health benefits of physical activity
· How to communicate effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
· How to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme
· Nutrition to support a physical activity programme
· Marketing and business planning
· Personal training programming and delivering personal training sessions.
This qualification is mapped to the CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer Professional Standard.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Apply via college applications
Days & times
Date(s) to be confirmed