About the course
The Pearson Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) is an introductory teaching qualification.
Achieving this Award will provide sufficient evidence that the student has acquired the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare, plan, deliver and evaluate basic teaching and learning sessions in a variety of teaching or training contexts.
This introductory, knowledge-based teaching qualification has no minimum teaching practice requirement, therefore, it may be undertaken by individuals who are not in a teaching role. There is a minimum requirement to take part in micro-teach session.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- individuals not currently teaching or training
- individuals currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun or are about to begin
- individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- develop knowledge related to teaching and learning
- develop skills in teaching and learning
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in teaching and learning.
To be able to complete assessments, candidates will need to have appropriate competence and fluency in written and spoken English.
Literacy and numeracy must be held at level 2 or higher.
This qualification is a direct replacement for the Pearson Level 3/Level 4 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (2011) PTLLS.
The Award is now available only at Level 3 and the credit value remains as 12 credits.
What you'll learn (core modules)
Unit 1: Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Learning
Unit 4: Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training
Unit 5: Understanding Assessment in Education and Training
How will I be assessed?
TYhe overall grade for the qualification is a 'pass'.
The learner must achieve all the required units as indicated in the specified qualification structure.
To pass a unit the learner must:
- Achieve all the specified learning outcomes
- Satisfy all the assessment criteria by providing sufficient and valid evidence for each criterion
- Show that the evidence is their own.
Course assessment via: Invivdual written course work, class based activities , professional discussions , presentations and micro teach.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
Where will this course take me?
Learners who have achieved the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training can progress to the Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training, the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training or the PGCE.
How much will it cost?
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Days & times
Thursday 11:30 - 14:30