Overview of course
We are pleased to be able to offer in partnership with West Suffolk Council the Introduction to the Role of the Professional Taxi and Private Hire Driver.
This course is for candidates who either work or wish to pursue a career as licenced taxi driver in the passenger transport sector.
The course will be delivered over 2 full days on Wednesday 9 and Thursday 10 June 2021 adhering to all strict Government guidelines regarding health and safety and social distancing.
The course will be held at West Suffolk College in Bury St Edmunds.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but delegates will be required to have a good understanding of English.
Upon successful completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate of achievement.
Further course detail
Course content to include the following topics:
- Health and Safety in the taxi and private hire work environment
- Road safety when driving passengers in a taxi or private hire vehicle
- Professional customer service in the taxi and private hire industry
- Taxi and private hire vehicle maintenance and safety inspections
- The regulatory framework of the taxi and private hire industry
- Taxi and private hire services for passengers who require assistance
- Routes and fares in the taxi and private hire vehicle industries
- Transporting of parcels, luggage and other items in the taxi and private hire industries
- Transporting of children and young persons by taxi or private hire vehicles
Delegates will also undertake an multiple choice end assessment on completion of the training.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
To book, please complete the appropriate booking form below:
Payment can be made via three monthly installments but course fee must be paid in full prior to the start of the course.
Days & times
Wednesday 09:00 - 16:30
Thursday 09:00 - 16:30