|Qualification type||Level 3 Diploma|
|Study times||You will be expected to be in college for a minimum of 3 days per week, from 9:00 to 4:15. Your timetable will be confirmed at induction.|
|Entry requirements||A minimum of 4 GCSE passes at grade 4 or above, including maths and English. You will also be required to pass an interview.|
|Campus||West Suffolk College Sixth Form Campus, Bury St Edmunds|
Is it for me?
The partnership of West Suffolk College, Culford School and Bury Town FC allows you to submerse yourself in elite level football and education.
This unique course is for you if you want to work in the football industry and are seeking a high-level training and playing programme.
Alongside your studies, you will receive elite football coaching throughout the week from our highly qualified team of coaches and ex-professional players, as well as a calendar of fixtures.
We offer work experience opportunities with many of the regions' clubs, as well as in schools and companies such as Premier Sport. In addition, you will have the opportunity to gain industry specific qualifications, such as FA coaching awards, and can take part in a Football Tour to European countries.
The course is equivalent to 3 A levels allowing for progression onto university, USA Soccer Scholarships or employment.
What you'll learn
- Football coaching
- Performance analysis
- Dealing with football or sport related injuries
- Organising football/sports-based events
Any student who does not hold a GCSE at grade 9 to 4 or equivalent qualifications in maths and English by age 16 will need to continue to study these subjects in each academic year.
Equipment required for the course
- There will be an additional cost to take part in the European Football Tour (to be confirmed).
- Practical sports clothing and a willingness to learn and engage
You will be assessed in a variety of ways which are linked to industry standards and expectations.
- Sport and Exercise Science Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Sports Coaching and Development Level 3 Diploma
- Working in Sport and the Fitness Industries Level 3 Diploma
- Sport for Females Level 3 Diploma
- Advanced Personal Trainer Level 3 Diploma
Sports Massage Therapist
Sporting Event Co-ordinator
Sports Development Officer
Leisure Centre Manager
Days & times
Starting September 2023