Overview of course
Every commercial electrical appliance requires PAT testing, therefore this is a very useful course leading to a recognised qualification which will provide you with the necessary skills to test equipment.
The objectives of this course are:
- To understand the legal requirements for in service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- To know the construction and classification of equipment
- To be able to demonstrate various relevant tests and to identify different types of test instrument
- To correctly interpret test results.
The course attendance dates are 6 evenings.
The course fee is inclusive of exam fees and a copy of the Code of Practice for Testing Electrical Equipment text book.
Delegates must have prior Electrical knowledge and ideally be working within the occupational area at time of training.
Delegates will be subject to a telephone interview prior to acceptance onto the course.
**Due to awarding body entry requirements, delegates must be 18 years or over to undertake this qualification**
Two types of accreditations are available within this qualification:
- The certificate of competence for the management of electrical equipment maintenance is for managers and administrators with responsibility for maintenance and testing of electrical equipment - 2377 101
- The certificate of competence for the inspection and testing of electrical equipment is for those who undertake the relevant inspection and testing of electrical equipment - 2377 201
Further course detail
Course content includes:
- Introduction to code of practice for in Service Inspection and Testing in Electrical Equipment
- Equipment types and classifications
- Inspection and Testing, use of equipment
- Record systems, types of records
- Practical and Q&A sessions
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information