Overview of course
This course follows on from the beginners course and aims to help students make the jump from using the basic features of a digital camera to looking at more advance functions, moving away from using auto settings and further ways of improving your images .
What will I learn?
This course offers students a chance to improve their photography by using the more advanced features on their camera that will make your photographs better. Students will further explore those techniques and compositions that make a visual impact on the viewer and how this can be achieved with their own equipment. This will involve practising techniques for different types of photography, i.e. close-up, action and movement shots, low light, portrait and landscape. The course is taught via description, demonstration and hands-on practical work and aims to build confidence with your camera
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- use your camera with confidence
- have a better understanding of the various functions and settings and be able to select main camera settings for specific photographic situations
- Produce a range of images for specific situations.
- Adjust images for various print sizes for example use on social networking.
- Use a wide range of photography techniques to take better pictures
- Identify equipment needed to optimise images for different situations
Who is the course for?
Anyone who would like to further improve their photography skills.
Will I have to provide anything?
Please bring your own fully charged digital camera, card reader, usb lead and the instruction book.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Days & times
Monday 13:00 - 15:00