About the course
The UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma in Creative Enterprise has been designed to provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to develop their careers as creative professionals. This qualification will provide students with an opportunity to cultivate their employability by developing their creative enterprise skills, expanding their contact base whilst developing their start-up projects and professional practice.
It is perfect if you:- Have completed your level 3, A Levels, Voc Qualification
- Are passionate about a career in the creative industries; Performing Arts, Music, Media Music Tech, Dance, Production Arts, Photography, Fashion, Art
You may be:
- Planning to go to Drama School, a Conservatoire, University, but have not yet achieved the place you desire, or maybe cannot yet decide which pathway to take? This course will help you get focused and prepare, and will include presentation technique and training.
- Feel you are not yet ready to move away to study and want another year to prepare? This course will build your subject awareness and confidence.
- Do not wish to take a gap year but want to develop your talents whilst you plan what comes next? This course will give you a year to develop as an artist and time and opportunity to explore your options and support to plan the next step.
- Know that you want to pursue your career as a freelance artist or set yourself up as a sole trader but need to explore how to make that a reality? This course will help you develop the pre-requisite skills to work as a self-employed artist and begin networking the contacts you need to make it a reality.
Level 3 Vocational Qualification with minimum Merit Grade 3/ A Levels
Mature students with relevant experience assessed at interview
Background in an Arts related subject
Non-specific and your appropriateness will be assessed at interview.
What you'll learn (core modules)
1. The Creative Entrepreneur
2. The Creative Practitioner
3. The Creative Enterprise. Will include sessions in Accountancy, Legal, Marketing, Funding, Presentation Skills etc.
How will I be assessed?
Final presentation of Business plan and Evaluation of your project/business idea to a panel.
Internal assessment, final unit externally moderated.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
Classrooms with iMac Computers
Access to Theatre, Media suite, Music Rehearsal Rooms by arrangement for use for Research & Development
Where will the course take me?
Running your own business in the Creative Industries
Conservatoire of Music
Will I need any materials or equipment?
As appropriate to your chosen pathway and project.
How much will it cost?
If you're 18, the courses is free. If you're aged 19 or over, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan. Students are also able to apply for a bursary to help with getting to and from college and any other costs related to the course including materials.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Apply online through the website and you shall be invited into the College for an interview
Days & times
Starting September 2019
Thursday 09:15 - 16:30
Friday 09:15 - 16:30