Overview of course
During your study you will cover a range of knowledge and skills across areas including inspection & testing and handing over of electrical vehicle charging equipment. Candidates will be assessed by on-line multiple choice test and a practical assignment
The course fee is fully inclusive of delivery, course materials, registration and certification fees.
This qualification is intended for qualified, experienced practising electricians and it is recommended that:
- Candidates are up to date with your BS 7671: 2018 18th Edition Wiring Regulations, C&G 2391-52.
- Candidates have at least 2 years' industry experience.
Candidates must also be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Correctly install and terminate pvc/pvc cable (twin and cpc).
- Correctly install steel wire armoured cable (swa).
- Carry out an initial verification (inspection and testing) on an electrical installation, and complete the necessary paperwork.
**Due to awarding body entry requirements, delegates must be 18 years or over to undertake this qualification**
All candidates will have a telephone interview prior to being accepted onto the course.
City and Guilds 2919-01 Level 3 Award in Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation
Further course detail
Course content includes:
- Introduction to electric vehicles: Electric vehicle types, characteristics, charging requirements, safety considerations.
- Overview of EVC: Modes of charging and requirements, restrictions.
- Electrical installation requirements: Supply, earthing, planning permission, explosive atmospheres, protection, labelling, control, risk assessment.
- Installation: Practical, domestic and commercial installation.
- Inspection, test and certification: Commissioning and DNO paperwork.
- System test, fault-finding and examination: Includes both a practical and written assessments.
Will I have to provide anything?
A copy of the current edition of the IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation 4th Edition is essential for this course and must be purchased prior to the training.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Days & times
Friday 09:00 - 16:30