Overview of course
Have you ever wondered what a Freudian slip was and why it happened or why positive reinforcements is so important in training and development? This five week course will introduce you to the perspectives of psychology, ethical dilemmas of studying human/animal behaviour as well as looking at conformity and abnormality. We will look at case studies of psychological research with some individual case studies of serial killers.
What will I learn?
The course will look at the following topics and areas of psychology:
· Psychodynamic perspective of psychology â€“ Freudian psychology.
· Behaviourist perspective of psychology.
· Cognitive perspective of psychology.
· Biological perspective of psychology â€“ elements of neuroscience.
· Humanist perspective of psychology.
· Ethics of psychological experimentation.
· Conformity â€“ why did â€