Overview of course
This course will further expand on topics covered in the introduction to psychology course. Topics covered will consist of moral and child development and how growth and closed mind sets affect learning and how we deal with situations throughout our life. How memory works via developing schemas and how we can improve our retrieval of information and why we fail to recall information. We will look at phobias and depression and how they are treated via medication and biological techniques as well as CBT therapies.
What will I learn?
The course will look at the following topics and areas of psychology:
· Recap: Psychodynamic, Behaviourist, Cognitive, Biological & Humanist perspectives of psychology.
· Ethics of psychological experimentation.
· Abnormality with case studies of anorexia nervosa.
· Growth and closed mind-sets.
· Moral development theory.
· Memory â€“ Short term â€“ long term and how we process our surroundings with case studies on â€