About the course
A one year in-depth programme designed for professional Chefs who already have some knowledge and skills within pastry and confectionery and now wish to obtain a Level 3 qualification specific to this area of catering. It is suitable for chefs already employed within the Industry with a genuine interest in patisserie. Students will cover advanced skills and techniques in producing pastry products, for example centre piece decorative products or chocolate pieces to an advanced level.
A full level 2 in either professional Cookery or relevant vocational experience within pastry and confectionery, Food Safety Level 2. Candidates will need to have a minimum of grade 4 GCSE English and Maths or be willing to complete along side this qualification.
Patisserie and Confectionary Advanced Technical Diploma Level 3
What you'll learn (core modules)
Full-time Programme consisting of both Theory and Practical sessions as well as completing at least 2 weeks work experience.
- The principles of food safety supervision for catering
- Supervisory skills in the professional kitchen
- Sustainability for the professional kitchen
- Exploring gastronomy
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing dough and batter products
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing petits fours
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing paste products
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing hot, cold and frozen desserts
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing cakes and sponges
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing display pieces and decorative items
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
The Culinary Arts Academy at West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds.
Where will the course take me?
Full time Employment as a Pastry Chef
Will I need any materials or equipment?
- Full chefs uniform
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Apply online and we'll get in touch and invite you to take a tour of our kitchens.
Days & times
Starting September 2021
Tuesday 09:15 - 17:00
Wednesday 09:15 - 17:00