Sorry, this course is fully booked!
If you would like to register your interest for courses similar to this, please get in touch here:Ask a question
Overview of course
This advanced stage programme is designed to give those aged 10 to 15 an opportunity to further develop their cooking skills in a professional kitchen. It is expected that learners have a sound knowledge of food and have good experience of operating in a kitchen.
You will learn new cooking techniques and skills to take home any prepared food for your family and friends to sample. You will be cooking, from scratch, with fresh ingredients in the following sessions:
- Week 1 - 6 March 2021 - Filled and Ring Doughnuts
- Week 2 - 13 March 2021 2021 - Chicken Thai Green Curry and Sticky Rice
- Week 3 - 20 March 2021 - Fish and Chips, Tartare Sauce
- Week 4 - 10 April 2021 - Gateau Saint Honore
- Week 5 - 17 April 2021 - Primavera Risotto (Spring Vegetable)
- Week 6 - 24 April 2021 - Hot Cross Buns
- Week 7 - 1 May 2021 -Students to prepare and serve a two course meal for parents and family or invited guests. There will be one free place available and £5 per head for any additional places up to a maximum of 4 in total
You must be aged 10-15 and keen to learn new skills and have undertaken the Introductory or Intermediate Junior Chef course prior to enrolment.
You will receive a West Suffolk College certificate signed by the Head Chef
Further course detail
This course will be held at West Suffolk College within the training kitchens following strict COVID-19 Risk Assessment and guidelines. There will be a procedure in place for movement around the kitchen and delegates will be split into two groups (bubbles) to minimise close contact.
There will be restrictions over numbers for the lunch at the end of the course due to social distancing in the restaurant. These will be confirmed nearer the time to keep in line with Government measures.
Will I have to provide anything?
Course fee to include ingredients. Delegates to bring Apron, Hat and Knives provided on previous Junior Chef course.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Online booking can be accessed by completing the form below:
Full Cost Enrolment Form
Days & times
Saturday 09:00 - 12:00