About the course
This qualification will introduce staff to the skills that are required to plan, organise and evaluate events by developing their knowledge and understanding. Areas covered include marketing methods and resources, market research, human resources, communication and customer service relevant to events.
The qualification is suitable for staff who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of planning and running an event. It may be used as an introduction for those working in or preparing for a wide range of job roles in diverse sectors which require them to plan and organise events as part of their responsibilities.
Learners must meet the following eligibility criteria to access this course:
- Age: Learners must have been at least 19 years of age by 1 August 2021 (if you are aged 19-23 years you must already hold a full level 2 qualification i.e. 5 x GCSE's grade A*-C / 4-9)
- Nationality: Learners must have lived within the EU for at least the last 3 years
- Learners will be required to complete an electronic enrolment form.
- Learners must undertake a maths and English skills checker. (initial online course only)
- Learners will be required to attend an online induction session via zoom.(initial online course only)
- Apprenticeships: Please contact us regarding the funding rules for apprentices
TQUK Level 2 qualification
What you'll learn (core modules)
This course explores the following units:
Unit 1: Planning an event
The extent of the events industry
The scope of the event planner role
Planning an event
Planning for contingencies
The need for health, safety and security measures
Unit 2: Reviewing and evaluating an event
The importance of review and evaluation
The sources of information available for evaluating an event
The range of tools available for event evaluation
Planning the evaluation of an event.
Unit 3: Marketing and market research for event planning
Understand why market research is important
The methods and resources available for marketing
Planning the marketing of an event.
Unit 4: Planning human resources for events
Understand how an event is managed
Understand the team which contribute to an event
Understand the human resource requirements for an event.
Unit 5: Communication and customer service for events
Understand the importance of communication at events
Understand equality and diversity in relation to events
Understand why customer service is important at an event
Produce guidance on expected standards of customer service for staff use.
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is assessed via an internally assessed portfolio of evidence which is submitted to your tutor using the online portal.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
- All learning is completed online at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- At the start of the course and you will be allocated a designated tutor who will support you through your qualification.
Where will this course take me?
Once you have completed your course with us, you may feel that you would like to progress with your studies or develop skills in another area and take up another course. Please select the link below to view all our other online courses:
How much will it cost?
The course is fully funded and there are no associated costs with completing this course*
However if you start and not complete this course there will be a charge of £125
*The course is fully funded subject to the individual being over 19 and having lived in an EEA country for the last 3 years
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Please select "apply online" and complete the application, once we have received this, we will contact you with further enrolment information.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information