Overview of course
BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders is a one day course for anyone authorising the retail sale of alcohol in licensed premises.
This course is suitable for anyone authorising the retail sale of alcohol in licensed premises including pubs, bars, hotels, restaurants, off-licences, supermarkets, convenience stores, sports and social clubs, entertainment establishments, nightclubs, leisure parks, casinos and any other venue or site where alcohol is sold.
The course is 7 hours in length - commencing at 9.00am and finishing at 5.00pm, at West Suffolk College in Bury St Edmunds.
The fee is £175 per person fully inclusive of the BIIAB Level 2 handbook, all learning materials, BIIAB certification, refreshments and lunch.
The course is assessed at the end of the day by means of a 40 minute multiple choice question examination paper.
Further course detail
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- The application process for a personal licence
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder; and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- The premises licence
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- Unauthorised licensable activities
- Permitted temporary licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol
Days & times
Monday 09:00 - 17:00