About the course
In 2017, there were 412 arrests for terrorism-related offences. With issues of human rights, hate crime and democracy becoming ever more prevalent in the UK and the world, it is more important than ever to be informed on the measures that can be taken to help prevent terrorism and promote safeguarding and British Values in society.
This course will equip you with a detailed understanding of how to recognise and prevent radicalisation and extremism, the principles of safeguarding, the Prevent duty and its importance in society, and the importance of online safety and British Values.
Learners must meet the following eligibility criteria to access this course:
- Age: Learners must have been at least 19 years of age by 1 August 2021 (if you are aged 19-23 years you must already hold a full level 2 qualification i.e. 5 x GCSE's grade A*-C / 4-9)
- Nationality: Learners must have lived within the EU for at least the last 3 years
- Learners will be required to complete an electronic enrolment form.
- Learners must undertake a maths and English skills checker. (initial online course only)
- Learners will be required to attend an online induction session via zoom.(initial online course only)
- Apprenticeships: Please contact us regarding the funding rules for apprentices
TQUK Level 2 qualification
What you'll learn (core modules)
This course explores the following:
- Unit 1: Principles of safeguarding
- Unit 2: The Prevent duty and its importance in society
- Unit 3: The importance of online safety
- Unit 4: The importance of British Values.
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is assessed via an internally assessed portfolio of evidence which is submitted to your tutor using the online portal.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
- All learning is completed online at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- At the start of the course and you will be allocated a designated tutor who will support you through your qualification.
Where will this course take me?
Once you have completed your course with us, you may feel that you would like to progress with your studies or develop skills in another area and take up another course. Please select the link below to view all our other online courses:
How much will it cost?
The course is fully funded and there are no associated costs with completing this course*
However if you start and not complete this course there will be a charge of £125
*The course is fully funded subject to the individual being over 19 and having lived in an EEA country for the last 3 years
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Please select "apply online" and complete the application, once we have received this, we will contact you with further enrolment information.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information