About the course
This qualification provides an ideal taster for those who may be new to the sector or new to the world of work. It is accessible to learners of all ages who may want to understand more about working in health and social care. It aims to introduce some basic concepts of caring and preparation for employment in the sector.
The qualification covers the areas of communication, equality, diversity and inclusion, personal development, role of the social care worker, handling information, health and safety, safeguarding, duty of care and person-centred approaches.
Learners must meet the following eligibility criteria to access this course:
- Age: Learners must have been at least 19 years of age by 1 August 2021 (if you are aged 19-23 years you must already hold a full level 2 qualification i.e. 5 x GCSE's grade A*-C / 4-9)
- Nationality: Learners must have lived within the EU for at least the last 3 years
- Learners will be required to complete an electronic enrolment form.
- Learners must undertake a maths and English skills checker. (initial online course only)
- Learners will be required to attend an online induction session via zoom.(initial online course only)
- Apprenticeships: Please contact us regarding the funding rules for apprentices
NCFE/CACHE Level 2 qualification
What you'll learn (core modules)
This course explores the following:
Unit 1: Principles of Communication in Adult Social Care Settings
Unit 2: Principles of Personal Development in Adult Social Care Settings
Unit 3: Principles of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in Adult Social Care Settings
Unit 4: Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
Unit 5: Introduction to Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
Unit 6: Understand the Role of the Social Care Worker
Unit 7: Understand Person-Centred Approaches in Adult Social Care Settings
Unit 8: Understanding Health and Safety in Social Care Settings
Unit 9: Understanding How to Handle Information in Social Care Settings
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is assessed via an internally assessed portfolio of evidence which is submitted to your tutor using the online portal.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
- All learning is completed online at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- At the start of the course and you will be allocated a designated tutor who will support you through your qualification.
Where will this course take me?
Once you have completed your course with us, you may feel that you would like to progress with your studies or develop skills in another area and take up another course. Please select the link below to view all our other online courses:
How much will it cost?
The course is fully funded and there are no associated costs with completing this course*
However if you start and not complete this course there will be a charge of £125
*The course is fully funded subject to the individual being over 19 and having lived in an EEA country for the last 3 years
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Please select "apply online" and complete the application, once we have received this, we will contact you with further enrolment information.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information