About the course
Around 450 million people currently experience mental health problems. Recent reports suggest that over 12 million working days were lost due to work-related stress, depression or anxiety in just one year.
It's important for employers to be transparent and open about mental health issues. Increasing the understanding of mental health among staff at all levels builds a culture of care and support.
In this fully online course, you'll build an understanding of mental health problems and the support available in the workplace. You will learn how to support individuals with their mental health, as well as what a mentally healthy environment is like.
Learners must meet the following eligibility criteria to access this course:
- Age: Learners must have been at least 19 years of age by 1 August 2021 (if you are aged 19-23 years you must already hold a full level 2 qualification i.e. 5 x GCSE's grade A*-C / 4-9)
- Nationality: Learners must have lived within the EU for at least the last 3 years
- Learners will be required to complete an electronic enrolment form.
- Learners must undertake a maths and English skills checker. (initial online course only)
- Learners will be required to attend an online induction session via zoom.(initial online course only)
- Apprenticeships: Please contact us regarding the funding rules for apprentices
NCFE Level 2 Certification
What you'll learn (core modules)
This course explores the following:
- Exploring Mental Health
- Understand how to Support Individuals with Mental ill Health
- Understand a Mentally Healthy Environment
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is assessed via an internally assessed portfolio of evidence which is submitted to your tutor using the online portal.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
- All learning is completed online at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- At the start of the course and you will be allocated a designated tutor who will support you through your qualification.
Where will this course take me?
Once you have completed your course with us, you may feel that you would like to progress with your studies or develop skills in another area and take up another course. Please select the link below to view all our other online courses:
How much will it cost?
The course is fully funded and there are no associated costs with completing this course*
However if you start and not complete this course there will be a charge of £125
*The course is fully funded subject to the individual being over 19 and having lived in an EEA country for the last 3 years
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Please select "apply online" and complete the application, once we have received this, we will contact you with further enrolment information.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information