About the course
This period in a person's life is the most sensitive and difficult to deal with for the individual, the family and any carers or staff members who work with the individual. If you work in or want to work in the healthcare sector or need to care for a loved one during this difficult time, this course is the perfect place to start and will help you provide quality end of life care.
The qualification is ideal for anyone who is already working in or intending to work in the healthcare or social care sector. It will provide you with knowledge and understanding of end of life care to support your role. The course may also be suitable for anyone who is caring for a loved one or family member during their final stages of life.
Learners must meet the following eligibility criteria to access this course:
- Age: Learners must have been at least 19 years of age by 1 August 2021 (if you are aged 19-23 years you must already hold a full level 2 qualification i.e. 5 x GCSE's grade A*-C / 4-9)
- Nationality: Learners must have lived within the EU for at least the last 3 years
- Learners will be required to complete an electronic enrolment form.
- Learners must undertake a maths and English skills checker. (initial online course only)
- Learners will be required to attend an online induction session via zoom.(initial online course only)
- Apprenticeships: Please contact us regarding the funding rules for apprentices
TQUK Level 2 qualification
What you'll learn (core modules)
This course explores the following:
Unit 1 - Understand how to work in end of life care
- Different perspectives on death and dying
- The aims, principles and policies of end of life care
- Factors regarding communication
- Accessing the range of support services available to individuals and others
Unit 2 - Principles of care planning in end of life care
- The holistic approach to end of life care
- Person-centred assessment and care planning
- Advance care planning.
Unit 3 - Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- Approaches to managing pain and discomfort
- Assisting in minimising individuals' pain or discomfort
- Monitoring, reporting and recording on the management of individuals' pain or discomfort.
Unit 4 - End of life care and dementia
- How an individual's dementia can affect their end of life care
- Supporting individuals with dementia affected by pain and distress
- Supporting family, significant others and friends of an individual with dementia
Unit 5 - Understanding the role of the care worker at time of death
- Supporting individuals as they are approaching death
- How to care for a deceased individual
- Support needed by family, significant others and friends of the deceased
- Relevant legislation and policies.
Unit 6 - Understand loss and grief in end of life care
- The process of loss and grief
- Loss in the context of end of life care
- Supporting people following bereavement
- Managing own feelings of loss and grief when working in end of life care.
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is assessed via an internally assessed portfolio of evidence which is submitted to your tutor using the online portal.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
- All learning is completed online at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- At the start of the course and you will be allocated a designated tutor who will support you through your qualification.
Where will this course take me?
Once you have completed your course with us, you may feel that you would like to progress with your studies or develop skills in another area and take up another course. Please select the link below to view all our other online courses:
How much will it cost?
The course is fully funded and there are no associated costs with completing this course*
However if you start and not complete this course there will be a charge of £125
*The course is fully funded subject to the individual being over 19 and having lived in an EEA country for the last 3 years
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Please select "apply online" and complete the application, once we have received this, we will contact you with further enrolment information.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information