Overview of course
This qualification covers the in-depth procedures for serving customers, checking medicines and maintaining stock in a pharmacy setting. This qualification is for anyone interested in a career as a pharmacy assistant or technician. You don't need any previous experience to start the Level 2 qualification. You complete three core units at this level:
- Assist with the provision of a pharmacy service to meet individuals' need
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Contribute to the effectiveness of teams.
You also choose four optional units from a range, including:
- Assemble prescribed items
- Assist in the preparation of documentation, materials and other items for manufacture and assembly of medicinal products
- Maintain pharmaceutical stock
The qualification is delivered within the workplace, and a programme tutor will meet with you every 6-8 weeks. Any assessments completed through-out the qualification will take place within your work environment.
Applicants are desired to have Maths, English, and Science GCSEs A-C (9-5) and must be 16 or over to start the course. We also ensure you are in the right job role, or volunteering role, to be able to meet the criteria by conducting an informal interview over the phone or face-to-face.
You will be asked to complete initial assessments prior to enrolling onto the course to determine if you will need additional support whilst on programme.
On completion, you will achieve:
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills Units Only.
- Skills for Success - This module is designed by West Suffolk College to ensure you have all the personal skills and behaviours to succeed in the workplace.
Further course detail
This course has no fixed price, and will vary depending on previous experience, location, and quantity of learners.
A DBS check may be required, and if you are new to the sector this may enquire a cost.
There is a possibility for progression onto a Pharmacy Assistant position.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Register your interest by 'Asking a question' on the apply now section
Call us for more information on 01284 716246
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information