Overview of course
This qualification will suit you if you are a care worker or want to get your first care job. If you're already working in care, you probably work mainly under supervision. You want to increase your skills and take on more responsibility.
You complete nine core units at level 2:
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person-centred approaches in health and social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children's and young people's settings.
You also choose optional units from a range to suit your career plans.
The qualification is delivered within the workplace, and a programme tutor will meet with you every 6-8 weeks. Any assessments completed through-out the qualification will take place within your work environment.
No entry requirements, however, learners must be 16 or over to start the course. We also ensure you are in the right job role, or volunteering role, to be able to meet the criteria by conducting an informal interview over the phone or face-to-face.
You will be asked to complete initial assessments prior to enrolling onto the course to determine if you will need additional support whilst on programme.
On completion, you will achieve:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care certificated by City and Guilds.
- Skills for Success - This module is designed by West Suffolk College to ensure you have all the personal skills and behaviours to succeed in the workplace.
Further course detail
This course has no fixed price, and will vary depending on previous experience, location, and quantity of learners.
A DBS check may be required, and if you are new to the sector this may enquire a cost.
There is a possibility for progression onto a Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Register your interest by 'Asking a question' on the apply now section
Call us for more information on 01284 716246
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information