About the course
This qualification will provide learners with an opportunity to develop an understanding of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) relevant to their current or future roles and will equip them with basic understanding of techniques for preventing and addressing adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) in practice.
This qualification is designed for learners wishing to progress to a wide range of further learning and job roles such as nursery staff, teachers, health/social workers across health and social care, children and young people, nursing, public services and education and training.
Learners must meet the following eligibility criteria to access this course:
Be aged 19+ on the 31/08/2022
· Live in the UK for 3 years/live in UK from EEA or have *pre-settlement or *Settled status from the Home Office (*proof required)
· Due to Government funding criteria, we are unable to accept learners who live in Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, Ireland or a devolved postcode areas. Please check with us if you are unsure.
NCFE/CACHE Level 2 qualification
What you'll learn (core modules)
- Unit 1 - Exploring childhood and family structures
- Unit 2 - Introduction to adverse childhood experiences
- Unit 3 - Understand strategies to improve outcomes for children affected by adverse childhood experiences
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is assessed via an internally assessed portfolio of evidence which is submitted to your tutor using the online portal.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
- All learning is completed online at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- At the start of the course and you will be allocated a designated tutor who will support you through your qualification.
Where will this course take me?
Once you have completed your course with us, you may feel that you would like to progress with your studies or develop skills in another area and take up another course. Please select the link below to view all our other online courses:
How much will it cost?
The course is fully funded and there are no associated costs with completing this course*
However if you start and not complete this course there will be a charge of £125
*The course is fully funded subject to the individual being over 19 and having lived in an EEA country for the last 3 years
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Please select "apply online" and complete the application, once we have received this, we will contact you with further enrolment information.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information