Overview of course
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge needed to manage practice and lead others in adult health and social care provision or in children and young people's services. West Suffolk College offer three pathways: Adults Residential Management, Adults Advanced Practice, and Adults Management.
The pathways cover a wide range of topics including:
- safeguarding and protection
- developing and carrying out policy
- managing care services, change programmes and recruitment
- promoting and developing best practice
- supporting development and partnership working
- care management
- quality systems and improvement.
The qualification is delivered within the workplace, and a programme tutor will meet with you every 6-8 weeks. Any assessments completed through-out the qualification will take place within your work environment.
No entry requirements, however, learners must be 19 or over to start the course. We also ensure you are in the right job role, or volunteering role, to be able to meet the criteria by conducting an informal interview over the phone or face-to-face.
You will be asked to complete initial assessments prior to enrolling onto the course to determine if you will need additional support whilst on programme.
On completion, you will achieve:
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services certificated by City and Guilds.
- Skills for Success - This module is designed by West Suffolk College to ensure you have all the personal skills and behaviours to succeed in the workplace.
Further course detail
This course has no fixed price, and will vary depending on previous experience, location, and quantity of learners.
A DBS check may be required, and if you are new to the sector this may enquire a cost.
On completion learners can progress to a wide range of job roles depending on the pathway taken. The following list is not all-inclusive, but gives a taster of the opportunities available in either adult or children and young people's settings:
- Deputy Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Care Broker
- Case Manager
- Senior Support Worker
- Day Care Manager
- Residential Care Manager.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Register your interest by 'Asking a question' on the apply now section
Call us for more information on 01284 716246
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information