Overview of course
West Suffolk College are offering the New Care Certificate on a bespoke basis to employers for their Care Staff.
We offer the delivery via three routes:
- Employers can choose the Full Package which consists of delivery of 5 days training to cover all 15 standards with 1 days observation in the workplace, portfolio assessment and certification.
- Alternatively they can choose to have 1 day training to cover 3 standards which can be varied due to the need of service. With this option learners will receive certification of sessions attended however assessment in the workplace is not included.
- The final option is delivery of 5 days training to cover all standards. Learners will receive certification of sessions attended but assessment in the workplace is again not included.
Further course detail
The 15 standards that make up the Care Certificate are as follows:
- Understand your role
- Your Personal Development
- Duty of Care
- Equality and Diversity
- Work in a person centred way
- Privacy and dignity
- Fluids and nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disability
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Basic Life Support
- Health and Safety
- Handling information
- Infection prevention and control
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information