Electrical and Electronic Engineering are disciplines of engineering that address the study and application of electricity, electronic and electro-magnetism.
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering course aims to:
- develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enable learners to make an immediate contribution to employment at the appropriate professional level
- prepare for a range of technical and management careers in electrical, electronic or communication engineering equipping individuals with knowledge, understanding and skills for success in employment in the electrical/electronic engineering-based industry
- providing specialist studies relevant to individual vocations and professions in which learners are working or intend to seek employment in electrical/electronic engineering and its related industries
- enabling progression to or count towards an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in electrical/electronic engineering or related area
- providing a significant educational base for progression to Incorporated Engineer level.
Most successful students usually find that targeting between 12 - 15 hours a week self-directed reading and researching is necessary.
During your day of attendance you will engage with lectures, practical lab experiences and tutorials. The combination of these experiences offer the structure of knowledge that you should further research and all of them are essential to your success.
The practical sessions will provide opportunity to reinforce the theoretical learning from lectures and tutorials. Maths is an essential aspect of an engineer's life and through this course you will have opportunities to strengthen your existing maths skills further.
This course prepares students for a range of technical and management careers in electrical and electronic engineering and also enables progression to or count towards an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in electrical/electronic engineering or related area.
*Subject to validation
Days & times
Starting September 2019