Overview of course
This course will give you the skills and knowledge in Mechanical Engineering to improve your knowledge in the electrical field to become a multi-skilled maintenance engineer. The content follows the EAL L3 Diploma in Engineering Maintenance pathway and combines classroom teaching, practical workshop skills and observations within the workplace to ensure that the skills learned match the demands of your work role.
This course will run at West Suffolk College University and Professional Development Centre starting Monday 8th May and run on a Monday and Tuesday for the duration of the training.
Delegates require at least a Level 2 in Engineering and be employed within a electrical engineering role.
West Suffolk College Certificate of Attendance.
If delegates wish to undertake the qualification, EAL NVQ Level 3 in Engineering Maintenance (Pathway 1 â€“ Mechanical) this can be achieved alongside this teaching at an additional cost of £3000
Further course detail
Topics covered within the qualification include:
- Electricity at Work Regulations
- Electrical science
- Cables and terminations
- Industrial power distribution
- Control circuits
- Power circuits
- Test equipment and techniques
- Electrical drawings
- Motors and motor starting circuits
- Fault finding techniques
Assessment of EAL NVQ Level 3 in Engineering Maintenance (Pathway 1 â€“ Mechanical) if chosen
- 001- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- 002- Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
- 003- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- 004- Handing over and confirming completion of maintenance or installation activities
- 005- Carrying Out Fault Diagnosis on Mechanical Equipment
- 006- Maintaining Mechanical Equipment
- 007- Restoring Mechanical Components to Usable Condition by Repair
- 009- Carrying Out Preventative Planned Maintenance on Mechanical Equipment
The programme includes written and practical assessments that will be carried out by the assessor throughout the duration of the course.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Bookings can be made online by completing the appropriate booking form below:
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information