Overview of course
This course will give you the skills and knowledge in Electrics to improve your knowledge in the mechanical field to become a multi-skilled maintenance engineer. The content follows the EAL L3 Diploma in Engineering Maintenance pathway and combines classroom teaching, practical workshop skills and observations within the workplace to ensure that the skills learned match the demands of your work role.
This course will run weekly on a Wednesday at West Suffolk College STEM Centre starting Wednesday 6 January 2021
Delegates require at least a Level 2 in Engineering and be employed within a mechanical engineering role.
West Suffolk College Certificate of Attendance.
If delegates wish to undertake the qualification, EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Engineering Maintenance (QCF) - EMB: Electrical this can be achieved alongside this teaching at an additional cost of £1500
Further course detail
Topics covered within the qualification include:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational safety Requirements
- Maintaining Electrical Equipment
- Fault Diagnosis on Electrical Equipment
- Modifying and Rewiring Electrical Circuits
- Installation of Electrical Equipment
- Electricity at Work Regulations
- Electrical science
- Cables and terminations
- Industrial power distribution
- Control circuits
- Power circuits
- Test equipment and techniques
- Electrical drawings
- Motors and motor starting circuits
- Fault finding techniques
The programme includes written and practical assessments that will be carried out by the assessor throughout the duration of the course.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Bookings can be made online by completing the appropriate booking form below:
Days & times
Wednesday 09:00 - 16:30