About the course
The environment is currently facing the biggest challenge it has ever seen. Everyone has the power to make a difference and create a more sustainable future for the next generation.
This fully online Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness will teach you all about the principles of climate change so you can drive positive change and become 'greener' in the workplace and at home.
You will learn about the impact of pollution, the barriers to a sustainable future and how to challenge these barriers. The qualification also covers the advantages of renewable energy and how to reduce energy consumption and carbon footprints for a better world.
If you wish to study the subject in more depth, we would recommend you look at the follow on course Understanding Environmental Sustainability. This new course covers many of the topics in much greater detail and looks at sustainability as a global and personal challenge.
Click her to View our Level 2 Online FAQs
Learners must meet the following eligibility criteria to access this course:
- Age: Learners must have been at least 19 years of age by 1 August 2021 (if you are aged 19-23 years you must already hold a full level 2 qualification i.e. 5 x GCSE's grade A*-C / 4-9)
- Nationality: Learners must have lived within the EU for at least the last 3 years
- Learners will be required to complete an electronic enrolment form.
- Learners must undertake a maths and English skills checker. (initial online course only)
- Learners will be required to attend an online induction session via zoom.(initial online course only)
- Apprenticeships: Please contact us regarding the funding rules for apprentices
NCFE/CACHE Level 2 qualification
What you'll learn (core modules)
Unit 01 - Understand climate change, sustainability and environmental protection:
In this unit, learners will develop an understanding of climate change, sustainability and environmental protection
Unit 02 - Understand industry and the environment:
This unit allows learners to develop an understanding of the roles that business and industry play in protecting the environment
Unit 03 - Understand resource efficiency and waste management
This unit will help learners develop an understanding of how to reduce environmental impact by more efficient use of resources.
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is assessed via an internally assessed portfolio of evidence which is submitted to your tutor using the online portal.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
- All learning is completed online at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- At the start of the course and you will be allocated a designated tutor who will support you through your qualification.
Where will this course take me?
Once you have completed your course with us, you may feel that you would like to progress with your studies or develop skills in another area and take up another course. Please select the link below to view all our other online courses:
How much will it cost?
The course is fully funded and there are no associated costs with completing this course*
However if you start and not complete this course there will be a charge of £125
*The course is fully funded subject to the individual being over 19 and having lived in an EEA country for the last 3 years
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Please select "apply online" and complete the application, once we have received this, we will contact you with further enrolment information.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information