About the course
The Esports industry is a fast-growing global industry which not only requires the Esports players but also the professionals to manage and develop Esports events. This qualification has been developed to meet this upcoming demand for skills in managing and developing Esports. Over the duration of the course you will learn skills including planning an Esports event, Live-stream broadcasting, Shoutcasting(commentating), Health, Wellbeing and Fitness for Esports Players and producing an Esports brand. The professional skills and personal development you learn on this Esports course are focused on progressing to employment across a range of roles within Esports and beyond.
5 GCSE at grade 4 or better including English and maths.
In this course you will study:
15 units over the two-year course including:
- Introduction to Esports
- Esports Skills, Strategies and Analysis
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the Esports Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Fitness for Esports Players
- Esports Events.
- Livestream Broadcasting
- Video Production
- Computer Networking
- Games Design
- Producing an Esports Brand
- Business use of social media
You will be assessed using a diverse range of assessment methods including: written reports, online tests, software applications, practical demonstrations, and professional discussions.
You will have the opportunity to take part in the British Esports Championship, along with over 100 other schools and colleges, to use and practise the skills you learn on the course. Current games include League of Legends, Overwatch, Rocket League and Valorant.
Where will the course take me?
Where would you like to go? Very few courses at this level provide the extensive opportunities that Esports can offer. Excellent wages, career structures and adaptable skills combine to provide Esports students with a great future.
Progression options include:
- Progression to higher education at University Studies at West Suffolk College: Interactive, Immersive and Entertainment Technology BSc (Hons)
- Career pathways and progression routes in Esports: professional players, coach, shoutcaster/host, esports analyst, esports journalist, esports content creator, observer, administrator, esports broadcast/production, community manager, team/player management and operations, events management.
- Potential career pathways and progression routes in other related industries include: cyber security, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, interface design, games development, social media management, event management, merchandising, sports coaching and development, journalism, exercise science.
Days & times
Starting September 2023