Overview of course
A fun and informal day in a focused but relaxed session exploring the many exciting possibilites of working with glass mosaics.
Make your own beautiful piece of art to take away at the end of the day using a variety of coloured glass.
What will I learn?
On this one day course you will learn:-
- To cut glass accurately and safely.
- To produce a design and assemble a mosaic using a variety of coloured glass.
- The basic techniques involved in making a glass mosaic.
- The process of cutting glass using nippers and glass cutters.
- How to grout and clean your piece of work.
Who is the course for?
All ages and abilities.
Will I have to provide anything?
- Students can either bring a small picture frame of their choice, approx 10cm x 12cm, or purchase a set of 3 small glass coasters provided by the tutor for a small fee of £2 payable on the day.
- Designs will be provided or if you prefer you can bring your own ideas/images.
- An apron
- Any other materials you would like incorporated into your design, i.e. beads, stones etc.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Please either enrol on-line using the link or call West Suffolk College in Sudbury on 01787 880619 or visit us at 18-20 Cornard Road, Sudbury CO10 2XA
Days & times
Saturday 10:00 - 15:30