Overview of course
This online workshop will give students an opportunity to learn new skills or discover new hobbies from the comfort of their own home. This workshop will be real time learning and your tutor will be available to offer instruction, assistance and advice throughout the duration of the course. The course will be delivered using appropriate online tools and once you are enrolled we will be in touch to give you your joining instructions. These short sessions are intended to give you an introduction to the subject and we hope that further, more in-depth classes, will be available later on in the year (subject to current government guidelines).
What will I learn?
The course will aim to briefly cover some of the following topics and areas of interest:
- Psychodynamic perspective of Psychology - Freudian psychology
- Behaviourist perspective of Psychology
- Cognitive perspective of Psychology
- Biological perspective of Psychology - elements of neuroscience
- Humanist perspective of Psychology
- Ethics of Psychological experimentation
- Conformity - why did "normal, average" people become Nazi monsters?
- What is Normality? - How do we judge?
- Personal perception - What do you know about yourself and how are you perceived?
Who is the course for?
Anyone who has an interest in psychology, how the mind works and understanding the human psyche.
Will I have to provide anything?
You can access the class from any computer, laptop or tablet as long as it is equipped with a camera and a microphone. Students can also access the course via smartphone although the small screen may be a slight disadvantage for this very visual course. A pen and paper will be useful as you may wish to take notes each week. Immediately before the class starts we will send you, by email, an invitation to join the session, this will be a simple weblink to click. The system is free, secure and easy to use. Should you have questions about the required equipment, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or by email.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Spaces will be limited so to avoid disappointment please register your interest as soon as possible.
Days & times
Tuesday 14:00 - 15:30