About the course
Functional Skills are applied qualifications which enable students to demonstrate skills through real-life assessments set in everyday contexts suitable for home and work life.
This 16-week, part-time, Functional Skills ICT Course is being taught live in an online classroom with a tutor. You will work at your own pace according to the level you are studying.
- Not suitable for beginners (see Computer Skills for Beginners!).
- No formal entry requirement is required, although you need:
- Some knowledge of computer functions
- A computer or laptop device to use
A tutor will take you through an induction and assessment session before starting the course. From the results of your initial assessment we will discuss the level of the qualification you will start.
Functional Skills ICT Level 1 and level 2 qualification when you are ready
What you'll learn (core modules)
Functional Skills ICT Level 1 and 2 courses include the following topics:
- Create, edit, and format documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effectively use Email
- Awareness of risks and computer security
- Plan, manage and organise files
- Find and select information using search techniques
- Develop, present, and communicate information
- Create a document from various sources to be printed or viewed
Where will this course take me?
Functional Skills ICT Level 1 and 2 qualifications enable progression onto further study, progression to employment, further learning, and opportunities within employment.
How much will it cost?
No cost, if:
You have lived in the EU for the previous 3 years
You are not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship with another institution
I'm interested. What should I do now?
The next courses start: w/c 8 March and you can choose any of these days/times:
Monday 6-9pm (Starting 8 March)
Tuesday 12.30-3.30pm (Starting 9 March)
Thursday 10-1pm (Starting 10 March)
Thursday 6-9pm (Starting 10 March)
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information