About the course
This is a new course designed for all ages and levels of ability to ensure students have a good understanding and knowledge of digital skills which are needed both for home and work in this digital age.
Students are able to learn using their choice of device, a laptop or desktop Windows computer, or a tablet and will learn the fundamental digital skills needed for everyday home and work activities.
Please be aware that this course is not suitable for absolute beginners. No formal entry requirements are needed, but it is essential that all learners have some knowledge of using their chosen device.
You will need to attend an induction and assessment session. From the results of your initial assessment we will be able to decide the level of the qualification you will study.
Essential Digital Skills (Gateway) Entry Level 3, Level 1.
What you'll learn (core modules)
The course will cover the following topics, at varying degrees of difficulty according to the level studied:
- Using digital communication at home and work, eg, email, social media, Facetime, Skype and other videoconferencing systems.
- Finding and selecting information from the internet and staying safe and legal while online.
- Handling information and content, saving and finding content on your device, creating, editing and formatting documents in, eg, Word, or PowerPoint programs.
- Carrying out online transactions, eg shopping online, completing forms for services, eg gym memberships, tax returns, passport applications, etc.
- Solving problems by searching for information online, using spreadsheet programs to analyse data etc.
- Entry 3 the focus is on developing skills for life and introducing learners to skills for work.
- Level 1 the focus is more on skills for work with a secondary focus on skills for life.
Where will this course take me?
Currently there is the scope to progress through the levels from Entry Level 3 up to Level 1 in Digital skills and later to L2 ICT Functional Skills.
How much will it cost?
No cost, if:
- You have lived in the EU for the previous 3 years
- You are not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship with another institution
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information