About the course
This course is designed for all ages and levels of ability however complete beginners will be advised to access one of our beginners computing courses before being ready for a formal IT qualification.
Before you start, you will be sent a quick self assessment questionnaire to help us guide you to the right course for you.
Please be aware that this course is not suitable for beginners. No formal entry requirements are required, but it is essential that you have some knowledge of ICT and computer functions.
You will be invited to attend an induction and assessment session before starting the course. From the results of your initial assessment we will be able to decide the level of the qualification you will study.
Functional Skills ICT (Edexcel) Entry Level 3, Levels 1 and 2.
What you'll learn (core modules)
This course is primarily organised as a workshop, with students working at their own pace with the help of a facilitator. The course will cover the following topics, at varying degrees of difficulty according to the level studied:
· Using ICT â€“ Planning and organising your work, knowing which programs to use to carry out a task. File management and organisation. Awareness of computer security and associated risks.
· Finding and selecting information â€“ Using search techniques to locate and select relevant information.
· Developing, presenting and communicating information. Creating, editing and formatting documents in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint programs. Learning how to use Email. You will learn how to combine information from various sources to create a document or presentation to be printed or viewed.
Where will this course take me?
There is the scope to progress through the levels from Entry Level 3 up to Level 2
How much will it cost?
This course is fully funded so long as you meet the following funding criteria:
· You have lived in the EU for the previous 3 years
· You are not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship at another institution
Days & times
Thursday 17:45 - 20:45