About the course
The level 3 technical qualification in Education and Childcare has 2 components:
1. Core knowledge and understanding covers the core knowledge, understanding and skills relevant Education and Childcare, including:
- Child Development
- Equality and Diversity
- Parents, families and carers
- Safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
2. Occupational specialism covers the knowledge, understanding skills and behaviours that is required to achieve competency. This will focus on early years education and childcare.
- Support and promote children's play, development and early education
- Develop relationships with children to facilitate their development
- Plan, provide and review care, play and educational opportunities to enable children to progress
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and wellbeing of children
- Work in partnership with colleagues, parents, carers and other professionals to support children's development
As part of this T Level programme you need to complete an industry work placement in an Early Years setting where you will gain hands on experience in working within the sector, allowing you to put theory into practice and apply the knowledge that has been gained.
- 5 GCSE passes (grade 4 or above), including English, maths and science
- a pass in a relevant level 2 qualification
How will I be assessed?
T Levels offer students a mixture of classroom learning and 'on-the-job' experience during an industry placement of at least 315 hours (approximately 45 days).
Days & times
Starting September 2021