Overview of course
The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
The units are structured around three themes:
- Theme 1: Health and well-being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
The qualification is delivered within the workplace, and a programme tutor will meet with you every 6-8 weeks. Any assessments completed through-out the qualification will take place within your work environment.
No entry requirements, however, learners must be 16 or over to start the course. We also ensure you are in the right job role, or volunteering role, to be able to meet the criteria by conducting an informal interview over the phone or face-to-face.
You will be asked to complete initial assessments prior to enrolling onto the course to determine if you will need additional support whilst on programme.
On completion, you will achieve:
- Level 3 Certificate for the Early Years Workforce certificated by Cache.
- Skills for Success - This module is designed by West Suffolk College to ensure you have all the personal skills and behaviours to succeed in the workplace.
Further course detail
This course has no fixed price, and will vary depending on previous experience, location, and quantity of learners.
A DBS check may be required, and if you are new to the sector this may enquire a cost.
There is a possibility for progression onto a Level 4 Early Years Practitioner.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Register your interest by 'Asking a question' on the apply now section
Call us for more information on 01284 716246
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information