About the course
Management and Administration with Occupational Specialism in Team Leadership and Management
The T Level Technical Qualification in Management and Administration allows learners to gain an understanding of what is needed to work within an administrative or managerial role. Topics covered include Business Context, People, Quality Compliance, Project, and Change Management.
This qualification is aimed at learners aged 16-19-years old who wish to work in any sector within an administrative or managerial role.
T Levels are new courses which follow GCSEs and will be equivalent to three A Levels. These two-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares learners for work.
This course will be available for delivery from September 2023. It provides one of the main routes through which a young persons will enter the Leadership and Management sector.
5 GCSEs at grade 4 including English and maths.
T Level in Leadership and Management Specialising in Team Leadership and Management
City and Guilds
What you'll learn (core modules)
Knowledge and understanding of business contexts, people and management, working as part of a team, quality and compliance, as well as finance and project management for driving change and business behaviours.
There are two core exams and an employer- set project designed to allow judgement of the learner to be made across a number of different categories of performance.
Paper 1 Business Context · People · Business Behaviours
Paper 2 Quality and Compliance. · Finance Principles. · Policies and Procedures. Project and Change Management.
Employer Set Project
This project is externally set and externally marked by City & Guilds and is designed to require the learner to identify and use effectively in an integrated way an appropriate selection of skills, techniques, concepts, theories, and knowledge from across the whole of the Management and Administration core content. It will cover content from the following core underpinning knowledge outcomes:
- Business contexts. - Project and Change Management. - Business Behaviours.
You will specialise in Team Leadership and Management In Year 2 of the course
This has an Occupational specialism assignment which is externally set and externally marked by City & Guilds and is designed to require the learner to identify and use effectively in an integrated way an appropriate selection of skills, techniques, concepts, theories, and knowledge from across the occupational area.
Benefits, skills and character strengths
As part of the T-Level course you will:
- Put skills and knowledge into practice
- Try out a career
- Grow your confidence
- Learn transferable skills such as team-working and communication
- Improve employability
During your time at West Suffolk College, we will be supporting you to develop in key areas:
How will I be assessed?
T Levels offer students a mixture of classroom learning and 'on-the-job' experience during an industry placement of at least 315 hours (approximately 45 days).
The overall grade is subject to completion/achievement of all T Level requirements not just the components of the technical qualification (TQ).
T Level grades are worked out from students' grades for the technical qualification core and occupational specialisms. For example: to be awarded a Distinction*, you must achieve an A* in the core and a Distinction in the occupational specialism(s).
As well as passing the relevant technical qualification, the following elements are required to achieve an overall T Level grade:
- Industry placement: This will be arranged and verified by the provider offering the T Level.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
· The course is designed by employers for the next generation of Leadership and Business Management careers. This means the qualification will be a mix of learning in Classrooms and on Industry placement.
· 80% Classroom 20% Workplace
· You will be studying at the West Suffolk College main campus site and your chosen industry placement.
Where will the course take me?
- University The T-level course will be the same as 3 A Levels with UCAS points awarded.
- Apprenticeships After completing the course you will be able to move onto a Level 4 technical apprenticeship such as Associate Project manager, Improvement Practitioner, Commercial Procurement and Supply Chain and more.
- Employment The course will prepare you to be work ready with a technical T-Level qualification and workplace experience and employer reference to add to your CV. There may even be opportunities in the industry placement.
- Examples of job roles: Administration Team Leader Team Leader Administration, Office and General manager, Project manager, Sales manager, Business development manager, Commercial manager.
Will I need any materials or equipment?
College study days
The new T-Level qualifications will be using a range of learning styles and resources. The college will provide you with access onto the site campus, Office 365,cloud storage.
Home study days
As part of this full time course you will be required to complete Teams sessions and further research\study time. To complete this you will need a computer system, Internet access, speakers and a webcam
Phone to take workplace evidence, note pad and pen.
How much will it cost?
- Fully funded course for 16-19 year olds.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
- Guarantee your Business future today. Please click 'Apply Online' to apply for this course.
Days & times
Starting September 2023
Monday 09:15 - 16:00
Tuesday 09:15 - 16:00
Wednesday 09:15 - 16:00
Thursday 09:15 - 16:00